Kangertech SPIDER Kit Vaporizer
Be one of the first in New Zealand to own a Kangertech SPIDER Kit Vape. Following the release of the Kangertech IKEN Kit, a true all rounder MTL and DL vape, Kanger have release the next level for intermediate to advanced with the Kanger SPIDER Kit vaporizer. More to follow in the next week after full diagnosis.
The Kanger SPIDER Kit comes with a new Five6 Mini Tank, which is a cut down version of the huge Five6 Tank and continues to use the amazing 60- 180W Kangertech Tiger Coils. The Kangertech SPIDER Kit is powered by a built-in 4200mAh and is good for 200W. Your Captain has found the sweet spot using two coil mode on the tank running 100W. The 60W/ 120W and 180W function is selected by twisting the switches to turn each of the three coil pairs on the tank, the SPIDER MOD will auto change the wattage upon this change. I find pulling back the 120W two coil selection to 100W is good for all day vape with VG Heavy 3mg Captain Vapour E-Liquid.
The Kangertech SPIDER Kit gives huge delivery in the most compact design possible. Kangertech have perfectly designed a vaporizer to house their innovative Tiger Coil that is much easier to carry around than the Kangertech Five6, keeping the same flavour and vape delivery. The build quality of the Kangertech SPIDER is superior to any other unit release from Kangertech, you can notice this by its weight compared to the Kangertech IKEN, which also boasts a 200W power delivery.
Kangertech SPIDER Battery Life:
Our concern was with the battery life of this unit, and were pleasantly surprised when it lasted the day running the two coil function for the tiger coils at 100W. Due to the SPIDER’s mini Five6 tank being smaller than the FIVE6 tank, 4ml, I had to fill up the tank a couple of times. With the 510 pin centred at the top of the MOD in the middle, the Five6 tank also fits perfectly and looks the part.
Kanger SPIDER MOD:
The Kanger SPIDER MOD is the best finish we have seen from Kangertech in our view. Very well constructed and a good weight. The fire button is on the side and is the standard five clicks for on and off within two seconds. Three clicks sees the unit go into menu mode where you can select from:
- PWR (Watts) = Hard, Normal and Soft.
- NI (Ni Coil Temperature Mode) = Hard, Normal & Soft.
- TI (Ti Temp Mode) = Hard Normal and Soft.
- SS (SS Coil Temp Mode) = Hard, Norm & Soft. (Tiger Coils are SS so can be used in this mode. I find best on Watts.)
- DIY1 & DIY2 =
- WORK TIME = How long before cutoff setting
- BRIGHTNESS = Sets the screen brightness.
- LOCK = Locks the Unit setting’s amount to stop unwanted roller button settings. Good to use when you find your sweet spot.
Onto the roller button on the front: this adjusts the watts, temperature and settings for the function you are running with on the MOD’s screen.
What is it missing on the MOD? A clock, LED light function, and a bottle opener. It has everything for the function needed, these are just my extras!
Detail coming soon. All typed out…
After two weeks with the first Tiger Coil, I felt the time to change to a new one. This is superb life for a coil, you just need to remember to switch the selectors around during the two week use so all get comparable use. How do you know when to change? The flavour will start wearing off or a burnt taste is noticed.
Captain’s Coil Tip for longest coil life: Prime the coil well on first use, a blob on each side hole and one down each coil in the middle. Always top up your tank before the level reaches the cotton on the side. (Once the cotton gets a dry burn, there is no going back.)
A communication and our feedback to Kangertech congratulating them on such a great product, gave us further information that they are using premium LG batteries in the device. Its great to see Kangertech fully understanding that we need the MOD that powers the tank’s coil to survive a day before charging is required! While I doubt it would handle a day on 180W or 200W, it was good for us on 100W.
If huge vape delivery and flavour without having to build your own coils, then I would personally go for the Kangertech Five6, with the Kangertech SPIDER a close 2nd.
If the size and the $220+ for the Kanger Five6 is too much, then the Kangertech SPIDER is the one!
Kanger SPIDER Kit Contains:
- 1x Kangertech SPIDER Vape Mod
- 1 x Kangertech Five6 Mini Tank (4ml)
- 2 x Multi Ohm Tiger Coils 0.6ohm/ 0.3ohm and 0.2ohm multi ohm modes
- 1x Micro USB charging cable
- 1x Manual
- Max output wattage: 200W
- Battery: built-in 4200mAh
- Compatible with Tiger coil heads
- 3 x Different Modes
- Wattage Range: 1W – 200W
- Resistance Range: 0.05 Ohms – 3.0 Ohms
- Body Material: Aluminum-Zinc Alloy
- Threading: 510
- Pin Type: Spring-Loaded, Self-Adjusting
- Available Colors: Black, Green, Cyan, Red, Blue
- Flavour Modes: Soft/ Normal/ Hard
- Output Modes: PWR (Watts Mode) / Ni / Ti / SS / DIY1 / DIY2
- Temperature Control Ranges: 100 C > 315 C
Available now at Captain Vapour Store.
Captain Vapour is an Official Kangertech Authorized Reseller for New Zealand. ⚓
- D.O.A. swap out from Captain Vapour direct.
- 6 months manufacturer warranty from Kangertech. We can handle this for you. 🙂